From monk to venture capitalist and keynote speaker Kamal Sarma has transformed leaders and teams globally. Over the last 20 years he has delivered significant results for people and companies with his customised framework and teachings.
As the world accelerates we need to amplify the right mindset and skills. Kamal Sarma specialises in helping teams solve current challenges then shift them into a new level of performance. Kamal has developed deep insight into organisations and people cultivated by his experiences. He has had a unique background, training as a monk for seven years in India, as well as pursuing a corporate career. Kamal has held senior executive positions in organizations, including McKinsey & Company, Eli Lilly and AMP Capital Investors. Kamal has also been the co-founder of two venture capital businesses in the IT and biotech sectors. Kamal currently is a Chairman Amicus Digital an online digital disruption facilitator and the RUOK Thinktank
Kamal is the author of 3 international books: The best seller “Mental Resilience – the Power of Clarity”, “The Leadership Leap -UN learning how to lead” and his latest “WinWin Conversations” He has conducted programs for a number of top-tier organizations, such as Google, Facebook, T Rowe Price, Bank of New York Mellon, Reserve Bank of Australia, PwC, Ernst and Young, Westpac, Commonwealth Bank and ING Global.
In addition to his corporate work, Kamal is a co-founder of the Institute for Mental Resilience. He was recognized for his peace work between the Chinese and Tibetans in 2008 and is currently the Chairman of RUOK’s Think Tank.s.
Most Popular Keynotes
Resilience – Develop the Focus of a Warrior and the Clarity of a Monk
WinWin Conversations- How to have Challenging Conversations with Clarity and Confidence
The Leadership Leap – Why you need to un-learn and re-learnThe Connection Advantage
Keynote # 1
- WinWin Conversations
- Synopsis #1
How to have Challenging Conversations with Clarity and Confidence
In a world of complexity, change and disruption your ability to communicate on a deeper level is vital. WinWin is designed to deliver a competitive advantage because those who can influence relationships and results positively in the future will thrive.
WinWin will help you become agile and flexible in your thinking while offering new ways of communication that can transform relationships and results.
- Take-Away Message #1
In this presentation Kamal explores:
- What is a WinWin Conversation
- How to build a culture of WinWin
- The 7 Principals of WinWin Conversations
- How to transform existing and build new relationships
- How implementing WinWin can improve results
- Who Should Attend #1:
- Teams who have adopted WinWin have experienced an upward shift in performance. The practical content is ideal if you are looking for an edge in engagement and communication.
Keynote # 2
- Keynote Topic #2
- Digital Resilience
- Synopsis #2
Thriving in a digitally transforming world
Are you in charge of sculpting your mind? Or is your mind being hacked?
Digital transformation has been revolutionary. It has given humans the ability to consume whenever and wherever. We are now entertained endlessly, more informed and constantly stimulated.
As a species, our tools have evolved from the simple hand axe, to the always-in-the-palm-of-your-hand phone.
We are aware of digital disruption, digital Darwinism and the impact that technology can have on our lives. However, our carbon brains do not change at the same rate as silicon digital devices.
- Take-Away Message #2
Without truly understanding the impacts that technology has on our minds, we are powerless against our minds being hacked. This ‘hacking’ can lead to digital distraction and ultimately, digital depletion.
In this session, Kamal Sarma will cover
- How we as an analogue species, need to shift our mindset and behaviours to thrive in a digital world
- How to master digital productivity and recognise digital addictions.
- How to curb digital distractions to avoid depletion
- How to debug our minds once they have been ‘hacked’
- How to lead your-self to be able to lead digital transformation in your business
- Who Should Attend #2:
- To make sure organisations, teams and individuals can perform in a digitally transformed world, we must be able to use technology in a beneficial way, sculpting our minds and remaining digitally resilient.